Churro Puff Pastry Muffin
for 8 servings
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- ½ cup butter(125 g), softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar(200 g)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cut the puff pastry sheets in half, then use a rolling pin to roll each half out to 24 inches long x 8 inches (60x20 cm) wide.
- Brush the puff pastry sheets with the softened butter, then carefully roll them up into tight logs. Cut the logs in half lengthwise.
- Take each half and fold the smooth part of the dough inward to create a spiral shape.
- Place the spirals in a muffin tin and brush the tops with egg wash.
- Bake for 15 minutes on the top rack, then transfer to the bottom rack and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Remove the muffins from the oven. Once cool enough to handle, roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.