Cheesy Chicken And Broccoli Braid
for 6 servings
- 2 cups chicken(400 g), cooked, diced into 1/2 in (1.2 cm) cubes
- 2 cups broccoli(300 g), chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper(50 g), diced into 1/2 in (1.2 cm) pieces
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese(200 g), freshly
- ½ cup green onion(10 g), chopped
- 1 can Campbell’s® Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 1 large egg
- ½ tablespoon fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, broccoli, bell peppers, cheddar cheese, green onions, and Campbell’s® Cream of Chicken Soup. Mix well.
- Place a baking sheet–size sheet of parchment paper on a large cutting board. Unroll the crescent roll dough and arrange next to one another so the long sides are touching. Press the seams together to make one large sheet of dough.
- Spoon the chicken cheese filling in a horizontal mound across the center of the crescent roll dough, leaving 4–5 inches of space above and below the filling.
- Starting from the bottom left of the dough sheet, slice a strip of dough diagonally at a 45-degree angle from the filling to the edge. Repeat every 2 inches along the bottom. Repeat with the top dough, cutting in the opposite direction from the bottom.
- Starting from the left side, fold the first dough strip on the bottom over the filling, then fold over the first dough strip on the top, crossing over the bottom strip. Repeat with the remaining strips to create a braid effect. Pinch the dough together on the left and right sides to seal in the filling.
- Use the parchment to carefully transfer the braid onto a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and rosemary. Brush the egg wash evenly over the braid.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes, or until the braid is cooked through and deep golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing with a serrated knife and serving.